Fathers Day Bible verses: Celebrate father’s day and all fathers with these bible verses about being a godly dad and husband. These passages of scripture declare what god intended for men and how we can celebrate our fathers. Locate an outstanding bible verse to contain in a greetings card for the father in your dash or to mail them in a textbook or phone ring.
Bible Verses About Father Day
Communicate your love and god’s love for your dad or husband with a bible quote. Permit us to show gratitude to God the father and his son, Jesus Christ, who displayed us the path to existing in justice, and whose passion stays permanently. Fathers Day Bible verses are given below.
- Ephesians 6:4: “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
- Proverbs 1:8: “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching.”
- 2 Corinthians 6:18: “And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”
- Psalm 103:13: “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.”
- Proverbs 22:6: “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
- 2 Samuel 7:14-15: “I will be a father to him, and he’ll be a son to me. When he does wrong, I’ll discipline him in the usual ways, the pitfalls and obstacles of this mortal life. But I’ll never remove my gracious love from him.”
- Proverbs 23:22: “Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.”
- Proverbs 23:24: “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.”
- Psalm 32:7-8: “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”
Heart Touching Bible Verses About Father Day
This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go.
“And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
And Asa did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, as David his father had done.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.
Psalm 103:13, 17
The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him … the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him. His salvation extends to the children’s children.